For businesses who do not have their own HR or Recruitment departments, recruiting new staff can be a difficult and time-consuming activity and often with a low success rate (think positions that seem to be impossible to fill or, worst case scenario, recruiting the wrong person for the job…). If you have had little experience in recruitment, it can also seem pretty daunting. It’s no wonder many business managers head for the metaphorical hills at the thought of it!
At Arbre, we have 20 years’ experience in recruitment, with 10 years of experience specifically helping small companies to successfully resource their businesses. This is across a huge range of roles and industries from finance to hospitality.
How can we help you?
Arbre is not a recruitment agency. We focus very much on partnering with you to really understand your business needs, and then providing as much or as little support as you need through out the recruitment process – from ad hoc advice, to project managing the process and carrying out interviews.
An example of a recent recruitment process with Alex Monroe, international Jewellery Designer and Manufacturer:
– Job spec and ad. Arbre worked with the recruiting manager to identify exactly what was needed in terms of resources (and what was affordable for the business), resulting in a detailed job description for a Wholesale Manager and a shorter advertisement.
– Best route to candidates. We advised and agreed with the client on where we would advertise the role in order to fill it as quickly as possible – seeking quality of candidates rather than quantity (in this case we advertised on an industry related recruitment website – often much cheaper and more effective than a recruitment agency for many small businesses – and through the company’s own social media).
– Managing the process. We agreed a recruitment process with the client –
- CV screening and telephone interviews of an initial candidate shortlist carried out by Arbre.
- First interviews carried out by the recruiting manager
- Second interview, including a presentation (candidate brief advised by Arbre), consisting of a panel of 3 business people.
- All candidate liaison carried out by Arbre.
– Feedback and contract negotiation. Arbre provided feedback to shortlisted candidates, and negotiated the job offer.
– Interview skills training & induction advice. Arbre also provided training to the recruiting manager on interview skills, and advised on a best practice induction process to enable the new employee to settle into their new role quickly.
– Contract of Employment & Employee Handbook. In addition, our client took the opportunity to ask Arbre to update their standard contract of employment and Employee Handbook to ensure it was best practice and up to date from an employment law perspective.
The candidate was appointed within 6 weeks of the start of the process, and has now been working successfully in their new role for 18 months – all parties very happy! Alex Monroe continues to go from strength to strength!
If you would like some help with your recruitment, whether it be one off advice or support/management of part or all of the process, please do get in touch and we’d be delighted to talk it through with you. Email email@example.com for a free initial consultation.
You may also find our hints and tips on recruitment for small businesses an interesting read: http://arbre.je/2017/05/10/cracking-recruitment/
And do check out Alex’s beautiful jewellery too! www.alexmonroe.com